An advising session is the first step in your educational journey. And it won’t be your last.
You can also schedule an appointment here:
An advisor can help you navigate the processes of academic life, especially important if you are a beginning or transfer student. From the time you get started with your educational planning until the time you graduate, our advisor can be an important source of guidance throughout your college experience. Please call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Shelley Taylor, Coordinator of Student Services or Tom Nickerson, Center Director.
What topics might you discuss with an advisor?
- Admission information, degree offerings, transfer questions
- Financial aid & scholarship information
- Disability services information & referral
- Prior learning assessment, advanced placement credit, portfolio development
- Placement testing
- Tutoring, study skills, note taking, test anxiety
- Career decision-making & resources
- Personal support & referral
- Aspirations/early study for high school students
- Course selection.
- UMA 2015 Checksheets
- Applying for Graduation
- Transfer Course Equivalencies
- Distance Learning Class Search
To request an official transcript for distance education courses taken at one of the UMS campuses, submit a transcript request form:
UMA and USM transcript request forms are also available at the University College Business Office.