We encourage you to apply for admission to a degree or certificate.

Students attending University College at Bath/Brunswick who wish to receive financial aid and/or enter a degree program, must apply for admission through a home campus. Academic Advisor, Shelley Taylor is available to assist you in selecting a degree program and navigating the admissions process. Call 442-7736 to schedule an advising session.

Apply on-line to any University of Maine System campus; or if applying to the University of Maine at Augusta (UMA), complete the application process or print and mail the short application form. For UMA, sign up for placement tests in reading, sentence skills and math.

All admissions application materials, for any UMS campus should be mailed to:

Application Processing
University of Maine System
P.O. Box 412
Bangor, ME 04402-0412

Degree Students Must Be Immunized or Submit a Waiver
Immunization Requirements


Have copies of your official transcripts sent directly to the University Application Processing Center from all of the schools you have previously attended, including: High school, Adult Education, GED test scores (students can send a copy of their own scores) and previous colleges.



Apply as early as you can!

Admission deadlines vary from one campus to another, so check with the admissions office of the campus to which you are applying.

Application fees: Most campuses charge $40.00 for each application submitted.

Transferring Credits

Transfer students, get the information you need to transfer with confidence–within the University System and to and from other institutions.

Evaluate your transfer credit and degree progress. On the UMS Transfer Portal you will be able to enter courses you have taken at other colleges and see what they equal at each UMS campus.

Transfer Credit Guide. This online guide lists courses and their transfer equivalents, as well as University of Maine System Transfer of Academic Credit Principles.  By following simple steps, you can have transfer information at your fingertips in minutes, day or night.

Transfer Contacts. Call or e-mail a university transfer professional for more information and guidance through the transfer process.

Articulation Agreements. To help you reach your educational goals, the University of Maine System has created more than 70 transfer agreements among its universities, with the Maine Community College System, and with other institutions. Please contact a university transfer officer for more information.