Join us on Tuesday August 15 at 10:00 am for an interactive video conference to learn how to teach through video conference technology.
Begins: 10:00 a.m.
15 min – Introductions & Burning Questions–Review a quick intro to the equipment ins & outs
15 min – Social Contracts–Develop social signals, effective role-modelling and monitoring across distances
30 min – Engage–Strategize how to reach students when you have a large group & several cohort-less satellite students or an empty room with a large off-site group
10 min – break
30 min – Collaborative Groups–Create cohorts of students across sites & develop strategies to support group/collaborative projects and presentations
20 min – Support VC with Blackboard–Discover ways in which Blackboard can support and enrich VC instruction and the learning experience
Ends: 12:00 p.m.
- Read the UC Guide to Teaching by Videoconference
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to ensure that there are no difficulties with the connection.
- If you have trouble connecting or the video-conferencing monitor does not connect, please use the phone in the room to call Tech Support at: 1-800-696-HELP(4357)
- Bring your syllabus (or draft) with course specific and measurable course outcomes
- Bring your questions, concerns, and ideas
- Install Google Hangouts plugin if you’ve never used it & bring a webcam if you don’t have one in your laptop
- UMA- KATZ 5
- UMAB- Belfast Hall 209
- FHC- 124
- East Millinocket –VC 1
- Ellsworth 3
- Houlton 136
- Rockland 413
- Rumford Pending
- Saco 110
- South Paris HDX Cart