Find current notifications and support materials at http://support.courses.maine.edu/.
Blackboard Faculty Resources
Blackboard is a web-based course management system featuring tools for: posting announcements, faculty and student profiles, course syllabi, instructional materials, assignments, and external Web links; developing and delivering exams, quizzes and surveys, and managing grades; computer conferencing, e-mail, real-time chat, and transferring assignments between you and your students.
Blackboard can be used for asynchronous courses or for developing supplementary materials for courses taught over ITV, compressed video or traditional classroom instruction.
Note: the documentation for Blackboard Version 9.1.8 is out of date though changes are minor. For a current release, see Blackboard’s 9.1 2014 help page. To print a page to PDF click the printer icon in the upper right of any page.
Course Site Access, Setup and Management
- Logging into Blackboard and getting to your course
- Navigating the course homepage
- Managing the course menu
- Entering your contact information
- Making your course site available
- Transferring course material from previous to new Blackboard sites
- Exporting Course Material to Use as an “Archive”/Backup
- Organizing your Homepage: Cleaning up your My Courses list
Communication and Interaction
- Posting announcements
- Setting up and using Discussion Boards
- Sending e-mail
- Working with groups
- Using the Collaboration Tools
Assessment and Monitoring Students’ Progress
- Using the Grade Center
- Using the Assignments Tool
- Creating and administering tests and quizzes
- Using SafeAssign
- Creating and administering surveys
- Monitoring student activity: Performance Dashboard, Review Status, Course Statistics and Statistics tracking
Blackboard Student Resources
University College has information, support materials and a practice site for those brand new to Blackboard and it is a good idea to link to these resources for your students. These resources are at: http://learn.maine.edu/services/student-services/quick-guides/bbguide/