If you are considering starting a college degree or certificate program, an academic advisor at University College can help you develop an educational plan.
Please call 1-800-868-7000 to arrange a meeting with an advisor.
- Apply for admissions by mailing an application or submitting an online version.
- Apply for financial aid by submitting your FAFSA online or by attending a free MEOC workshop. Seek out scholarships.
- Schedule a placement test designed to help you and map your starting points in Reading, Writing and Math.
- Following your placement test you will meet with an advisor to register for your summer, fall or spring semester courses and sign-up for new student orientation.
Services are available for students with documented disabilities.
Before classes start:
- Order textbooks.
- Activate your UMS account and password to gain access to UMS email, Mainestreet, and other technology.
- Submit immunization records.
In addition to these online career development tools, advisors are available to assist with your career decision-making.
Prior Learning Assessment
Wondering how you might get credit for things that you already know, like work experience, professional training or self study? University of Maine System campuses award college credit to students in a variety of ways, including portfolio evaluation, standardized testing, credential review, military credit evaluations and challenge exams. Check with your home campus for more information.