Success in Online Learning
- Accessing the virtual library 24/7 – Watch the video
- Accessibility and accommodations for students with disabilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ordering books and course materials
- Study Groups
- Tutoring services
Nuts & Bolts: The How-to of Online Learning
If you are taking online courses through the University of Maine System, you will likely use our course management system, Blackboard™ through a web browser. You have many resources to draw from to help with the setup of your computer and browser. Watch the video explaining your options.
Technical Support is available via email or phone. Call 1-800-696-4357
Mon-Fri 7:00AM-7:30PM or email email@example.com
- Activate your University email account – the first step in accessing your courses.
- Check your browser and plug-ins. Follow the link to the Tips tab and choose ‘Test Your Browser’ to run the check. Install any recommended updates.
- Keep your browser secure by installing security updates regularly. Most browsers have a ‘Check for Updates’ link under the Help menu.
Blackboard™ Basics: the Student Guide. Discover the ins & outs of the Blackboard™ system.
Blackboard™ Practice Course: Go to the Blackboard™ login page and log in with your “@maine.edu” username and password.
Along the top of the page you’ll see a number of tabs. Click the Courses tab, then click Blackboard™ Practice Course in the Course Catalog area.
Contact Technical Support, Academic Support or the UMA Advising Center if you need further assistance