Welcome to University College at Houlton
UC at Houlton is one of nine centers around Maine where people can take courses, pursue degrees, and receive all the support they need to earn a degree close to home and on schedules that fit into their family and work lives. Courses are taught by faculty on-site, online, via interactive television or two-way videoconferencing. The Center is located in a wing of Orion Hall on the Southern Maine Community College Midcoast Campus, 12 Sewall Street, Brunswick.
- University College at Houlton has served the southern Aroostook County area for more than 20 years.
- We provide local access to more than 30 full degree and certificate programs.
- We offer small class size, personalized services in the areas of advising and financial aid which includes the Osher scholarships.
- Onsite, choose from 20+ university courses offered each fall and spring semester, morning, afternoon and evening on-site.
- 500+ courses offered online, via ITV or videoconferencing.
Monday: 8 am to 9:00 pm
Tuesday: 8 am to 9:00 pm
Wednesday: 8 am to 8:30 pm
Thursday: 8 am to 9:00 pm
Friday: 8 am to 4:30 pm
University College at Houlton
18 Military Street
Houlton, ME 04730
Contact us to schedule placement exams or to answer any of your questions
Fax: (207) 521-3101
Accommodations are made for any weekday 7:30am classes that have enrollments at the Center.
Computer labs are closed 30 minutes before closing time.
FROM ANY POINT NORTH
Follow U.S. 1 (also referred to as the North Road) south to the town of Houlton. Stay on U.S. 1 and as you enter the town you will pass directly through four (4) traffic lights. As you cross the bridge over the Meduxnekeag River and approach the fifth light, stay in right hand lane. Turn right at the light onto Bangor Street and the Center is the first driveway on your left.
FROM THE SOUTH
When driving from the south on interstate 95, take Exit 302. At the end of the ramp, turn right onto North Street and move into the left-hand lane. Travel directly through the next three (3) traffic lights. You will cross the bridge over the Meduxnekeag River and move into the right hand lane. Take a right at the traffic light onto Bangor Street. The Center is located at the first driveway on your left.