Makeup and Online Proctored Exams
Testing times are available for students who need to schedule proctored exams for online classes, approved makeup exams, or exams which must be taken outside of regular class time.
Exams MUST be scheduled ahead to ensure we have the correct exam on hand when you arrive. Be prepared to provide photo identification to the proctor before beginning your exam (driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, student ID). Please remember to bring a photo ID with you to your scheduled exam time.
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday – Start Time 8 am – 6 pm Wednesday – Start Time 8 am – 5:30 pm
Friday Start Time 8 am – 1:30 pm
If you are scheduling a proctored exam for an online class here in Houlton, you MUST navigate to this link: https://sites.google.com/a/maine.edu/testing-location-registration/ to complete the online registration for each online class you are taking. This sign up at UCLS does not apply to students in onsite classes.
Accommodations include: extended time, quiet space, reader, and scribe and MUST be scheduled through the student services office. Contact Jean Henderson by emailing email@example.com or calling (207) 521-3100 x3103.
Exam Policies & Expectations
Before the exam begins, please do the following:
- Turn off your cell phone and place other personal belongings ( backpacks, etc.) at the front of the room
- Take any necessary breaks before the exam begins
- Listen carefully to the proctor, as he/she will clearly state what is and what is not allowed during the exam
Once the exam is underway:
- Keep noise to a minimum
- You are expected to stay in the exam room until you finish your exam. If you must leave to use the restroom, tell the proctor in the room or at the front office
- When you finish your exam, hand it to the proctor in the room or at the front office (if you are being monitored remotely by camera)
- Please remain quiet and courteous to others still testing while you retrieve your personal belongings
A placement test helps you determine the right courses to start with in Reading, English and Math. Our Center administers a computerized placement test called Accuplacer (CPT) for prospective and current students. Continue here if you are interested in learning more about placement tests.