Adults may qualify for up to $16,000 in scholarship assistance
Are you a Maine adult who wants to return to college? You may qualify for as much as $4,000 per year in scholarships for up to four years. The University of Maine System, Adult Degree Completion Scholarship aims to help Maine people complete their academic studies.
This scholarship is for adult students returning to college after an absence of three years or more, and who are completing their very first baccalaureate degree. Courses may be taken at any of the seven campuses in the University System.
When can you apply?:
- August 1 – to be considered for a full academic year award beginning in the fall semester.
- December 1 – to be considered for a spring semester award.
- All renewal applications are due no later than June 1 of each year.
The electronic application takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and may be found here. Prior to completing this application, we recommend contacting your campus Navigator. If needed, campus Navigators can also provide a paper copy of the application Navigator.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the scholarship:
- A resident of the state of Maine.
- A student accepted at a University of Maine System campus seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- An undergraduate reentry student who has experienced a gap (three years or more) in the pursuit of postsecondary education.
- Previously earned a minimum of 30 credits from any institution.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA.
- Registered at least part time: 6‐8 credits per semester.
For more information, call 1-800-868-7000 or contact your local center.
View videos of students who received recent scholarship awards:
We are happy to answer questions about financial aid, admission to a degree program, course schedules, and more.
UC Learning Services: 1-800-868-7000 or email@example.com