General Overview of the M.Ed. in Instructional Technology
A collaborative degree between the University of Maine, the University of Maine Farmington, and the University of Southern Maine
The Master’s program in Instructional Technology is designed to help our masters students become leaders in effective and innovative uses of current and emerging technology. The required coursework, research, and clinical experiences are designed for educators working in a variety of contexts. Students will engage in inquiry-based curriculum and build capacity to continually assess their local context; implement technology to enhance teaching, learning and assessment; build professional learning networks to support ongoing professional development; and develop expertise in current and emerging instructional technologies. Essential to this program is a commitment to local community, advocacy for accessibility, and social justice, especially in the context of the potential for new technology to influence educational settings.
The Master’s in Instructional Technology is designed to investigate the following central questions:
- Learning Environments: How do educators leverage technology to create environments that support the development of diverse skills, and emphasize challenging learning experiences?
- Teaching and Learning: How can technology enhance teaching and learning partnerships that support and promote innovative models of deeper learning?
- Digital Citizenship: How can educators promote an understanding of the social, ethical and legal issues and responsibilities related to a globally connected society?
- Professional Practice: How can educators develop and model pedagogical and andragogical principles of learning to promote professional growth and practice in a globally connected society?
- Leadership: How can educators align vision, implementation, and practice to foster learning enhanced by technology?
- Graduates of the program will have the ability to:
- Plan, implement and evaluate mediated instructional and educational technology delivery systems based on knowledge of research
View program webpage