B.S. Computer Applications with a Concentration in Information Security
University of Maine at Fort Kent
It is the mission of the UMFK Computer Applications Program with a concentration in Information Security is to educate and mentor its students to become responsible, knowledgeable and skilled computer practitioners capable of performing tasks common to the fields of computer science/information science/information technology. The program instills the necessary and fundamental tenets that comprise these fields and fosters good critical thinking, communication and problem solving skills while ensuring students are cognizant of the ethical dimensions of their actions and impact upon society. Additionally, the program prepares students to further their education at the graduate level and as life-long learners.
- Graduate skilled technicians who will go on to fulfill high demand job positions in information security and related information technologies.
- Meet Maine’s regional employment needs related to specific information security and related fields.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator:
Professor of Computer Science
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours of credit.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Completion of General Education Requirements for Bachelor Degree.
- Completion of Computer Applications with a concentration in Information Security program requirements.
- Minimum of 30 credit residency requirement.
To view program requirements, please visit: http://www.umfk.edu/computer_applications/security/
To apply to this program, please visit: http://www.umfk.edu/admissions/apply/
For information about tuition and fees for the University of Maine at Fort Kent, please visit http://www.umfk.maine.edu/admissions/tuition/
For complete information about financial aid, please visit: http://www.umfk.edu/financialaid/