Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
University of Maine at Presque Isle
The Psychology Program at the University of Maine at Presque Isle provides students with a strong grounding in the science of mental processes and human behavior, while allowing them to sharpen their skills through one of two capstone experiences – a practicum or an advanced research project.
Degree study in Psychology leads to the Bachelor of Arts degree. All Psychology majors complete six foundation courses, seven additional courses selected from two specified sets, and the senior capstone experience. There are 39 credits in Psychology required for the major.
Upon completing the Psychology major, students will:
- Understand the wide variety of career options in psychology and related fields, including clinical and counseling positions.
- Have the necessary background for graduate or professional training in psychology or related fields.
- Understand and interpret quantitative as well as qualitative psychological data, including statistics.
- Understand and practice common research methods such as surveys and experiments.
- Understand and apply principles of ethics and respect for individual, social, and cultural differences in psychology.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Raymond J. Rice