A placement test helps you determine the right courses to start with in Reading, English and Math.
Our Center administers a computerized placement test called Accuplacer (CPT) for prospective and current students. The test is actually an assessment tool in basic skills to determine the best course placement for you. The tests are proctored, and after you have completed them, you will have an opportunity to review the results with an Advisor and enroll in classes. For detailed information about the tests and to sample a test, go to: http://accuplacerpractice.collegeboard.org You can use the FREE web-based study app and should choose “Classic Practice Tests” for the exams to practice.
Accuplacer exams are given at the Center on the following schedule:
- Bring a photo i.d.
- By appointment. Please call to schedule a placement test session: 207-364-7882.
Please note the following information regarding the CPT:
- No calculators are allowed.
- No time limit on the test (Normally 1 – 2 hours is required).
- Bring a photo ID to the center on test day.
- Cell phones are to be turned OFF and surrendered to the proctor.