An advising session is the first step in your educational journey–and it won’t be your last.
An advisor can help you navigate the processes of academic life, especially important if you are a beginning student. From the time you enroll in your first class until the time you graduate, advisors can be an important source of guidance throughout your college experience.
Laurie Grant, the Student Services Coordinator at UC-Saco, is here to help! Schedule your appointment with Laurie online or contact the Center to schedule your appointment at 282-4111.
What topics might you discuss with an advisor?
- Admission information, degree offerings, transfer questions
- Financial aid information
- Course selection, academic advisement, and career development
- Disability services information & referral
- Aspirations/Early study for high school students
- Prior learning assessment: CLEP or DANTES testing and advanced placement credit or Portfolio Development
- Placement testing
- Tutoring, study skills, note taking, test anxiety
- Career decision-making & resources
- Personal support & referral