Submitting an application is easy. Our university campuses make admission decisions on a rolling basis, and each application is considered carefully.
Applying for Admission:
- Apply on-line to any University of Maine System campus; or if applying to the University of Maine at Augusta (UMA), complete the application process or print and mail the short application form. For UMA, sign up for placement tests in reading, sentence skills and math.
- All admissions application materials (transcripts, test scores, etc.) should be mailed to:
Application Processing Center
University of Maine System
P.O. Box 412
Bangor, ME 04402-0412
Note: If you want to receive financial aid and/or enter a degree program, you must apply for admission through a University of Maine System (UMS) home campus.
If you will be a degree candidate (matriculated student) or a full-time student, please see: Immunization Records Policy
Have copies of your official transcripts sent directly to the Application Processing Center from all of the schools you have previously attended, including: High school, Adult Education, GED test scores (students can send a copy of their own scores) and previous colleges.
Note: High school or Adult Education information is required of any student with fewer than 60 credits completed at the college level.
Admission deadlines vary from one campus to another, so check with the admissions office of the campus to which you are applying. Generally, it takes about 1-1/2 to 2 months to complete the admission and financial aid application processes, from start to finish.
- Application Fees: Most campuses charge $40.00 for each application submitted
- Application Fee Waivers: The Maine Educational Opportunity Center can provide application fee waivers for eligible prospective students. If you have a financial hardship, speak to the admissions personnel at your campus. They may be able to waive or defer your application fee.
Get the information you need to transfer with confidence–within the University System and to and from other institutions.
- AdvantageU Maine’s Community College to University Guaranteed Admission Program
- University of Maine System information for Transfer & International Students