A placement test helps you determine the right courses to start with in Reading, English and Math.
Saco administers a computerized placement testing program called Accuplacer (CPT) for prospective and current students taking UMA or USM courses. Each University campus has its own CPT cut-off scores and policies. Please see campus policies for details:
- Wednesday, August 13th 2pm
- Monday, August 18th 10am
- Wednesday, August 20th 3pm
Please call 282-4111 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Placement Testing Tips:
- Tests are not timed; the format is multiple-choice
- The more questions a student answers correctly, the longer the test generally takes
- Plan on approx. 1 hour for each test taken
- Bring a photo ID to the center on test day
- Tests can be taken twice without cost; additional tests cost $10.00 each. The highest test score will be used to determine course placement
Practice Test Links
- Brushing up for the Reading Skills Test–Brookdale Community College
Writing & Grammar: