The University College Virtual Writing Lab (VAWLT) seeks Online Academic Writing Tutors.
Who can apply?
University of Maine System students with strong writing skills and faculty recommendations are encouraged to apply.
What do VAWLTers do?
- Receive intensive training in the practice and technology of online writing support!
- Provide tutoring services to distance learners at any stage in their process with writing projects!
- Monitor our email, live chat, and video!
- Contribute to our online community via social media!
- Support students and faculty as a course writing steward via Blackboard!
- Create writing tutorials and other resources available to anyone in the University of Maine System!
How do VAWLTers work?
Students with a Federal Work Study grant may be able to work from one of our University College Outreach Centers in Ellsworth, Rockland, Saco, Houlton, South Paris, or Rumford! UMA also offers a Volunteer-for-tuition-waiver opportunity and we have some departmentally-funded opportunities for telecommuters. VAWLT tutors log five to ten hours a week in scheduled live shifts for up to fourteen weeks a semester.
For more information or to apply, please complete our VAWLTer application, join our Google+ Community. Please contact Mina.Matthews@maine.edu (Senior Instructional Designer) or Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org (VAWLT Coordinator) with questions today!