Our Maine Public universities may give transfer credit for course work completed at a regionally accredited institution of higher education. Grades of “C” or higher are considered for transfer credit. Once you are admitted to a University of Maine System campus, the transfer officer or program coordinator will evaluate the transcripts of previous academic work and will mail the evaluation. You’ll be expected to meet the established requirements of the academic program into which you have been admitted.

Some transfer credit may not apply to a specific academic degree program. The academic department is responsible for determining which transferred courses will meet degree requirements for a particular major. If you would like to determine which courses are transferable for degree program credit before you enroll, you may contact the Transcript Office at the campus to which you apply.

You also may  obtain credit by examination or presentation of portfolio. Please check with the advising office at the campus where you apply.

Transfer Course Equivalencies
This online guide lists courses and their transfer equivalents, as well as University of Maine System Transfer of Academic Credit Principles. By following simple steps, you can have transfer information in minutes

Evaluate Transfer Credit and Degree Progress
The Credit Evaluation Portal will allow you to enter the courses you have taken and obtain an unofficial evaluation of your credit and degree progress report.

Transfer from the Maine Community College System
Learn how AdvantageU can help you, Maine’s Community College to University Guaranteed Admission Program.

University College has Student Services Coordinator at locations statewide who will be happy to meet with you to help you through the transfer process and answer ANY questions.

Call 1-800-868-7000 for more information.