The Human Resource Management Certificate Program offers students a flexible opportunity to acquire, develop and demonstrate a variety of personnel management skills related to the broad spectrum of the Human Resource function within their organizations. The certificate program requires 18 credit hours (6 courses), consisting of five (5) required courses and one (1) elective of the student’s choice listed below.
The required courses are:
- MAN301 Management
- MAN332 Human Resource Management
- BUS325 Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
- BUS324 Labor Relations Management
- MAN315 Negotiations
Choose one of the following:
- BUS332 Leadership
- MAN303 Project Management
- MAN313 Managerial Decision Making
- MAN318 Human Behavior in Organizations
All courses will be available at a distance, via the web or polycom. The student can complete this certificate program in as little as 12 months.
Students must satisfy the UMM residency requirement for certificate programs, currently at 12 credit hours.
Program on the University of Maine at Machias website.