Your one-stop source of information about online and distance degree and certificate programs offered by Maine’s public universities.
Review Distance Degree Programs
Classroom Technology Integrationist
University of Maine, University of Maine at Farmington, University of Southern Maine
General Overview Graduate Certificate in Classroom Technology Integrationist
A collaborative certificate between the University of Maine, the University of Maine Farmington, and the University of Southern Maine
K-12 classroom teachers are increasing their use of technology across curriculum areas. This certificate is designed to provide classroom teachers with the knowledge and skills to integrate the technology currently within their schools. Learner outcomes will be around advancing student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments; design, development and evaluation of authentic learning experience and assessment using contemporary tools; and finally learner outcomes will include global societal issues and responsibilities in the digital age. This certificate is designed to provide classroom teachers with the knowledge and skills to integrate the technology currently within their schools and districts.
- Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the International Society of Educational Technology (ISTE) student standards.
- Teachers understand local and global societal issues and responsibilities in an evolving digital culture and exhibit legal and ethical behavior in their professional practices.
(All work is based on the national ISTE standards and profiles.)
- Students examine the roles of video in education and the technology behind video as an information medium.
- Students will be introduced to how to use Moodle, a Learning Management System.
- Students will discover, evaluate and develop Web 2.0 tools in order to engage their own Pk-12 students with real world problems and applications.
- Students will learn how to use the Google suite of online tools for educational purposes
- Students will identify and be able to discuss educational issues of copyright, plagiarism, and fair use.
- Students will thoroughly investigate, evaluate and create online constructivist tools such as WebQuest or Lit Trips.
For more information, contact Program Coordinator:
Visit Program Webpage: https://online.umaine.edu/graduate-certificates/classroom-technology-integrationist/