Your one-stop source of information about online and distance degree and certificate programs offered by Maine’s public universities.
Search Distance Degree Programs. Live where you learn and online!
University of Maine at Fort Kent
The Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Allied Health is a completion degree for licensed or licensure eligible allied health graduates of associate degrees in the numerous allied health disciplines where there is no discipline specific bachelor degree available. This degree allows two-year health degree students the opportunity to advance in their chosen health profession or continue into a graduate program. The curriculum is designed as a “+2″ degree allowing students to transfer 50 credits of their professional coursework.
The Division of Nursing and Allied Health will have a significant positive impact on health, especially in rural environments through teaching, service, scholarship, and practice.
As an integral part of its parent institution, the Division of Nursing and Allied Health will sustain high-quality programs that meet the diverse needs of students and will serve as a catalyst for healthcare careers and professional development.
The Division of Nursing and Allied Health offers a baccalaureate program leading to the degree, Bachelor of Arts and Sciences with a concentration in Allied Health. This program is intended to serve Allied Health associate degree graduates who wish to upgrade their academic credentials to include the baccalaureate degree. The BAS with a concentration in Allied Heath degree program provides graduates of health care programs the opportunity to gain the added expertise needed to expand their professional roles in the health care system.
In fulfillment of its mission, the Division of Nursing and Allied Health will:
- Prepare Allied Health graduates to meet the rural healthcare workforce needs of Northern New England and beyond.
- Foster the development of graduates with the ability to function competently as an entry level Allied Health professionals.
- Prepare graduates who exhibit a commitment to professional ethics and behavior.
- Support the development of graduates who demonstrate appropriate problem solving, communication, and critical thinking skills in the clinical/didactic settings.
- Develop graduates who understand the importance of responsibility, accountability, values, ethics and lifelong learning.
- Prepare graduates to interpret the influences of patient safety, health policy, and finance on or within healthcare delivery systems.
For more information, contact Program Coordinator:
Visit Program Webpage: http://www.umfk.edu/health_technology/