Your one-stop source of information about online and distance degree and certificate programs offered by Maine’s public universities.
Search Distance Degree Programs. Live where you learn and online!
University of Maine at Augusta
UMA’s Justice Studies Program offers a 21-credit hour postgraduate certificate in paralegal studies. After completing the certificate, a student will be able to:
- articulate a clear model of professionalism as a paralegal and be familiar with the ethical rules of the profession
- find, cite and analyze statutes, regulations, rules, and cases with regard to their authority and applicability
- manage complex information from other legal sources including the Registries of Deeds and Probate and Bankruptcy Court
- articulate a legal argument; summarize a deposition; draft an interrogatory and investigate facts as directed
- seek employment as a paralegal or employee with law-related training in public and private agencies
For more information, contact Program Coordinator:
Mary Louis Davitt
Visit Program Webpage: https://www.uma.edu/academics/checksheets/psc/