The financial aid process doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some quick steps for understanding how to apply.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- FAFSA processing takes 2 weeks if filed on-line or 4 weeks if filed by mail.
- The federal government will send an eligibility reporter to your home campus.
- Your home campus then issues an Award Letter detailing your financial aid.
- If required, sign and return the Award Letter to your home campus.
- File for financial aid well in advance of the beginning of the semester
- A FAFSA must be completed each year
- The financial aid filing year is June through May
- You must be admitted to a degree program at your home campus
- Generally, but not always, you must enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours